The Wedding Video FAQ
I love movies on Blu Ray, do you offer this?
* Yes. Blu Ray is the cleanest and best way to watch your memories in full HD. Be sure to check that your Blu Ray player is updated to the latest firmware upgrade. We recommend the Sony PS3 as the best Blu Ray compatible player.
I don’t like to interview my guests. Do we have to have interviews?
* No. Interviews are done only at the request of the Bride and Groom. If you Do want interviews of your guests we would be happy to do so for an additional fee of $150 for extra equipment and setup, unless this is already a part of your package.
I will be very nervous before the wedding ceremony; do we really need to shoot the pre-ceremony footage of the bride getting ready?
* No. The pre-ceremony footage of the Bride and/or Groom getting ready is part of the package for people who wish to take advantage of it.
I’ve heard stories about DVD stickers coming off. What do you do differently?
* We print directly on top of the disc, eliminating the need for disc label stickers. Label stickers tend to peel over time, damaging your disc and the data. By printing on top of the disc, this allows for a safe and long lasting DVD.
Some videographers take 6 months or more to turn around the wedding video?
* Not with us. The finished DVD, is presented to you in approximately 4-8 weeks, (Rush orders are available for a nominal fee) once we receive the song titles / photos / and all materials you would like to use the video. We can not begin editing until all the music is given to us.
How much of a deposit is required?
* First contact us and make sure the date and time that you want are available, then to book our services, the deposit is 50%. This down payment locks you in for that date. The remainder of the bill is due before you receive the finals DVDs.
Will we be able to hear our vows? I’ve seen wedding videos where you can’t hear the bride and groom.
* Yes. We use a wireless lavaliere microphone on the Groom to get the clearest, cleanest audio to hear everything you say to each other.
How many DVDs will I get?
* This depends on the package that you choose. If you would like more copies of your DVD we would be happy to make additional copies for an additional fee.
Can I purchase the raw, unedited original?
* Yes. Have the entire day on an external hard drive or DVDs or Blu Rays so you can watch in detail all the moments of your day. See our al a cart description for more details about the raw footage.
Will you use a tripod at our wedding?
* We use either hand held, glide cams or fluid head tripod mount as needed, depending on the locations conditions or restraints. The requirements of the Minister, Priest, Rabbi or Coordinator are all taken into consideration. We will work with your locations representative and figure out what works best for the cleanest, best image we can shoot.
Do you use bright lights on the cameras?
* No. Our cameras have excellent optical chips, and lenses that can capture video as low as one lux. That is the same as shooting by candlelight. We use the optics of the camera to obtain the maximum quality video under the given conditions. In some rare occasions we use small lights to add to the ambient light, but only where permitted. Some locations such as churches, do not allow using any lighting at all. We are well versed in all the limitations of different locations, and in getting the best video captured by our professional video equipment.
Do you charge a fuel surcharge or mileage fees like other video companies do?
* No. The price you see is the price you pay. There are no hidden charges, mileage fees or travel expenses within north west Illinois.
Do you shoot weddings outside of northern Illinois? Out of state?
*Yes. We have shot many weddings out of state (including, Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, and more). Contact us and we can work out details.
What type of equipment do you use?
* We use only the best Video and Audio equipment possible. We use HD cameras shooting directly to a hard drive that ensures the footage is the best possible for the finished product. We take pride in our work and we want it to last. Our editing equipment is the latest and fastest computers with the top rated software. Some companies may quote you the name of their camera, or their editing software, but that’s all they have. We would need an entire page to list all of our equipment. We put money back into our company and we constantly upgrade our equipment, and software to keep up with technology.
How long do you keep the raw footage?
* While we keep copies of the finished DVD in case you would like to order more, the raw footage is kept for 30 days after your DVDs are delivered to you. The raw footage is useful to keep incase you would like an additional edit or if you would like to purchase the raw footage. Please let us know as soon as possible so that we can preserve these memories for you. After the 30 days, the footage will be deleted from our hard drives.
What is the difference between the Cinematic and Traditional Edits?
* The Cinematic edit is designed, shot and edited to be an upbeat and fun way to relive your wedding day. The Traditional edit has the entire ceremony in the video without music, as well as the key moments (the first dances, the speeches, cake cutting, grand entrance, etc) all in their full forms as they were filmed.
How long are the videos on average?
* While the edits vary in length depending on what package you get, the average Cinematic edit is 20 – 30 minutes for a full day (preparation, ceremony, photos, and reception). The Traditional edit of a full day wedding is roughly about 90-120 minutes.
Do we get to pick our own music? How many songs do we get to choose?
* Yes. The wedding video is as much you as the wedding day itself. We want you to be happy with every part of your experience. You let us know your song choices and we will take care of the rest. On average the number of songs per Cinematic edit is as follows (Daisy – 2 songs; Lily – 3-4 songs; Orchid, Rose & Bouquet – 5-6 songs).
If I get the Cinematic Edit, do I lose all the speeches and vows?
*No. On the Cinematic edit DVD you will receive the cinematic edit as well as the following in their full forms: Ceremony Vows, Reception Toasts / Speeches, First Dances, and Interviews. These will all appear in an additional section on the DVD (ie, Special Features). If you would like anything else specific, please let us know.
Can we separate the hours in the package?
*Unfortunately no. Our times are consecutive. This is done to ensure that we don’t miss anything during the day.
What is the Photo Montage?
* Since we might not be there for the entire experience (ie, the rehearsal dinner, the honey moon, the engagement parties) we can use your photos from these events to add to your video so you can relive it all over again. Typically, couples like to have their honeymoon photos set to a song of their choice at the end of the video or in the special features on the disc.
What about an additional camera operator or extra time?
* If you have any questions that are not covered on this page, or would like to add some optional items to your packages, see our options page above for more details.